Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2017

Thankful and Grateful

Being Thankful and Grateful...

Month on November brings gratitude .. I am very thankful for all my blessings and my family Thanksgiving is around the corner. Its the most wonderful time of the year. I love holidays, I know different holidays have different meanings to people of different religion. I love the celebration part, joy and happiness of having friends and family around, lots of food.

Since my kids are getting older we have started doing thanksgiving dinner. Just for our family. Turkey is too much for us as we don't eat too much meat. Chicken is enough for our family. We make mashed potatoes, bake some croissants, green beans and stuffing (I love) and Cake for desert. Oh yeah corn bread not to forget.   I have many times given a Indian twist to the bland food, but it has been growing on me. We also have a tradition we set the table but before we start eating we all have to say we are thankful for ...

Every year my workplace also had celebrated with a thanks giving meal close to Thanksgiving. Place I work now does not do that... come on people appreciate and be thankful for the people. I also used to eat with my kids when they were in elementary. I was so happy when one of my kid told me that they are serving pumpkin bread at school, and they would love to buy it and bring it for me since I don't go to school to eat with them anymore. Emotional mommy moment sweetness.

Simple traditions that will last long, I love these.

No comments:

Post a Comment