Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2016

No Girl only Boy

Few comments make me mad and I  want to  scream  this is wrong.

I  met  a very  nice lady at  work. She is a Temp helping  out  with  a project. She is from  Morocco, looks nice and very courteous. I  helped her  with the scanner and she said "shukriya"  (Thank you in  Urdu). I  happened to  be in  a room  with  her  for a while and we started chatting  as women do. Exchanged names how long  we have lived in  the city  and all. Then  she asked me how many  kids I  have,  and I  asked her the same. She said only one. When  asked Boy  or a Girl,  her answer  made me mad.

She said Boy  only  no girl,  this is not  a good world to  have a Girl. I  never thought this is an  awful world to  have a girl. There might be some bad people in  this world and some women do  go  through hardships. Should that prevent  us from  having  girls. What  are you  going  to  do  when  there's only  men in  this world. We should try  to  make this a better place for our kids. Boy  or a Girl. If she already  has this perception, isn't  she unintentionally teaching  her  kid a wrong  thing. This is beyond my  imagination that people so  much  educated and living  in this modern  world are thinking  like this and a women is so  afraid to being  another  women in  this world. I  wanted to  ask what  will  happen  with  your husband if she wasn't born  and she would have not  her  son in  this world.

What  are Daddy's doing, Isn't  a  girl  supposed to  be his daddy's princess. Do  men not  want  to  have a daughter and cherish her. These are the times when  I  am very  thankful to  be born  in  the country and family  I  am  born  in. I  was always given  the freedom  to study any subject. I  had freedom  to  choose my  career. Always had freedom to speak  and think,  before and after marriage. I  am  also  blessed to  be married in  a very good family. Where My  mother-in-law a very strong  women raise very  strong daughters. My sister-in-laws are also carrier oriented independent women.

Don't let  few incidents scare you. Its a beautiful world out there. Daughter is mom's best friend, Have daughters and raise them to  be independent  and confident women. Who  can  make this world a much  a wonderful place for all of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment